The Importance of a Good Observership Letter
An observership is an opportunity for you to shadow a medical professional during their everyday work in your chosen area. It is done by many international medical students who want to get used to how American hospitals and their staff operate and increasingly by American students themselves. There is a belief that having completed a good observership you have an increased chance of being selected onto a residency program which is in some ways true. Therefore writing a good observership application letter is vital if you want to get your place.
For the international medical graduates (IMG) who seek to get become the volunteers and observe the clinical practice of other countries an observership program might be organized by the medical association. The volunteers must take part in the observing process and dedicate to it their time and efforts.
With a proper observership letter you can apply and get to the program for:
- Pediatric observership
- Ophthalmology observership
- Surgery observership
- Radiology observership
- Psychiatry observership
- Neurology observership
- Pathology observership
Using an Observership Letter Sample
Using a sample letter of recommendation for medical observership or even a sample cover letter or application letter for the program is a good way to see what should be covered and how. The problem is that there is a huge amount of variation in the quality of letters that you will see across the many sites. You need to look at a sample letter for observership applications on a professional and dedicated website such as ours where you know that you can trust what you are looking at.
Read the sample letter of recommendation for observership very carefully and ask yourself would it persuade you to accept the person who wrote it.
Observership Letter Writing Tips
From the following observership application structure, you can see that the right application paper will have a clearly defined scheme, the paragraphs that make your writing strong. If you take the analysis you’ll see that the sample has.
- Introduction part
- A paragraph describing your choice
- A paragraph describing what makes you the best candidate
- The most prominent achievements of yours, accomplishments, recognition
- A conclusion and mentioning the other documents you’ve attached to the letter
- Note, that in order to make your observer application attractive and right not only in the structure but also in the content you should abstain from writing certain things.
- Don’t use the word “observership” in the letter, make it look like fresh and authentic document, not a cliche
- Do not spoil your letter with excuses, underachievements, and questionable references, even if you do not have serious achievements to put in, don’t mention bad quality information in the achievements section.
- Don’t exaggerate about anything, especially your skills and knowledge.
- Don’t make your letter too extensive and don’t include too many files the reader will have to check.
Adapting Your Observership Letter Sample
No sample letter for observership applications or cover letter for observership can be used exactly as you see it online. For starters this is plagiarism and secondly the letter is highly unlikely to reflect the actual program that you are applying to and of course yourself. The letter needs to a be highly personal letter that reflects what you expect from the program as well as why you want to do it. An observership letter sample can never reflect you, you have to look at how it is written and what it is trying to achieve and then write your won unique personal letter using what you have learned from the example.
We Can Write Your Observership Letter
If you want to ensure that you win your place on your chosen observership program why not have your letter professionally written. We employ the very best residency and observership application writers that you will find online. Each holds a higher degree and writes in those areas in which they are most qualified. They have the experience to tailor your letter to specifically target your chosen observership. All our writing is always delivered on time and comes with a full money back guarantee. Your letter will be fully unique and free of plagiarism.
So if you like our observership letter sample and want the perfect letter writing for your application just contact the experts here today.
AmeriClerkships Postgraduate Subinternships With Residency Programs
Length of Program
Minimum 4 weeks; maximum 48 weeks. Start in as little as 2 weeks.
Program Directors (PDs), Associate PDs, Residency Program Faculty, Teaching Attending Physicians and Residents
AmeriClerkships Medical Society (AMS), in partnerships with Graduate Medical Education (GME) departments offers a rare opportunity for medical graduate members of AMS to enroll in Postgraduate Subinternships (PGSIs) in over 30 specialties.
PGSIs are designated as AMS-PGY1CONNECT sites, meaning that AMS members have secured residency interviews and even “matched” into such hospital(s).
A typical “matched” AMS member who has matched into a PGSI residency program has:
- Completed 12-28 weeks of PGSI
- Secured 2-4 letters of reference directly from PGSI supervising attendings
- Is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Passed USMLE Step 3
By enrolling as an AMS PGSI, medical graduates may expect to gain first-hand exposure to the inner workings of U.S. GME and medical residencies (even in 100% inpatient settings), and develop into an effective PGY1 by learning how to:
- Become an integral member of U.S. medical residency teams who manage acute and chronic medical problems
- Rotate and collaborate with top residency program faculties, teaching attending physicians, chief residents and even program directors
- Participate in teaching rounds, and possibly present in journal clubs and residency conferences
- Refine history taking and physical examination skills
- Formulate problem lists, prioritize medical problems, select laboratory and ancillary tests, as well as institute drug and supportive therapies
- Utilize subspecialty consultative services
- Develop definitive plans for ongoing care and follow-up of dismissed patients
Upon satisfactory completion of each PGSI clinical block, AMS PGSI will be evaluated based on the 6 ACGME Core Competencies, and may request a performance-based letter of recommendation on official GME/teaching hospital letterhead.
For questions and enrollment, please contact AmeriClerkships Medical Society directly at +1 (949) 417-8980, or visit the website.