How to Apply
NOTE: If you have already submitted a CUNY General Transfer Application for the current application term and would like to apply to the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS), please submit the CUNY Application Switch Form.
- Login to the CUNY portal using your existing portal account or register to create a new account.
- If this is your first time logging into the application, you will have two links to click sequentially:
- First, directly below the CITIZEN CUNY banner, click Admissions/Financial Aid.
- Second, click the Apply Online link, directly below the APPLY TO CUNY banner.
- If you have been to the CUNY School of Professional Studies Application before, click on Admission located on the left hand side and then from the drop down menu click on Online Application after logging in.
- For all applicants, on the Admission Application screen, choose the Transfer option. You will immediately see two choices appear below. For your program choice, select School of Professional Studies. Do not choose General Admission.
- To submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Without payment, your application will not be sent to CUNY SPS. Veterans of the United States Military, active duty service members, and members of the National Guard or Reserves are eligible for an application fee waiver.
- To complete your application, you must have official transcripts sent from all universities you have attended. If your application includes education completed outside the U.S., a copy of your foreign transcript in its original language is required. If your transcript is in a language other than English, an English translation is also required.
- Please allow approximately 30 to 60 minutes to complete the application.
- You'll find the process much faster if you gather the following information before you start the application:
- Previous education history
- Citizenship information
- Family background data
- Credit card information
- Initial thoughts for your personal essay (goals, reason for applying, and experience)
- If for any reason you cannot complete the application immediately, you may save it and complete it later.
- This application has a START OVER button. If you select this button, all information that you have entered will be deleted.
- If at any point during the application process you have any questions, please call (212) 652-CUNY (2869), email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat live with an Admissions Assistant. If you are experiencing technical problems, please contact the CUNY SPS Help Desk at (646) 664-8592 or email email@example.com.
Applying for Fall General Freshman Admission to Hunter?
To help us learn more about you and the positive impact that you will bring to our Hunter College community, we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences by responding to one of the following essay topics:
..we invite you to share with us your unique qualities and experiences..
- Tell us about a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and how it impacted you personally. (250-600 words)
- Describe a specific interest or talent and how you have pursued it to date or wish to pursue it in the future. (250-600 words)
- Provide both an essay question and response that you already completed via The Common Application. (250-600 words)
Please note: This optional essay is intended for students applying for Fall General Freshman Admission only. If you are seeking admission to the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter, please go here for more information →
How to Submit Your Essay Response
All applicants who completed the CUNY Admission Application and selected Hunter College as one of their six choices will be invited to submit a supplemental essay response via email. Beginning Wednesday, November 1, 2017, essay invitations will be sent within 1-2 weeks of submitting the applicationwith instructions on how to submit the essay response through our online form.
Supplemental Essay Due Date
The essay is due by the Application Postmark Deadline of February 1, 2018. We will continue to accept essay responses on rolling basis as students submit the admission application, pending space is still available at the College.Please submit only one essay response. Multiple responses will not be considered.
Get Started Today!
While you are awaiting your essay invitation email, we strongly recommend that you take time now to begin crafting your Supplemental Essay Response. For some great tips on writing an effective application essay, go here →
Supplemental Essay FAQ
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions regarding the essay →